jcpenney Announces Biggest After Christmas Sale Ever
“Doorbuster” Offers – at Irresistible Prices – Make jcpenney Top Shopping Destination the Day After Christmas
After Christmas Sale Starts at 5:30 a.m.
PLANO, Texas (Dec. 22, 2008) – J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) today announced its biggest After Christmas sale ever, with stores opening at 5:30 a.m. – the earliest opening on the day after Christmas in Company history. With more than 100 “Doorbuster” offers – twice the number of last year’s sale customers will find a broad array of stylish, high-quality merchandise – at the Company’s most affordable prices – making jcpenney the shopping destination for customers the day after Christmas.
Customers can find special offers for jcpenney’s After Christmas sale online at jcp.com on Tuesday, Dec. 23 or in newspaper sales circulars on Christmas Day. The sales circular will highlight JCPeneny’s After Christmas “Doorbusters” – available to customers shopping jcpenney on December 26 from 5:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Additionally, the sales circular will feature special bonus coupons which can be used on Friday, Dec. 26 and Saturday, Dec. 27 ($10 off a $50 or more purchase and $15 off a $75 or more purchase) for further savings.
After Christmas Sale Highlights:
• Wake-Up With jcpenney: With jcpenney stores across the country opening at 5:30 a.m. on the day after Christmas, customers can beat the rush and stop in early to enjoy jcpenney’s special offers. For the first time ever, jcpenney will offer an After Christmas sale “Wake-Up” call – customers can visit jcp.com beginning Dec. 23 and sign-up for the “Wake-Up” call to their mobile phone.
• One of the Biggest Teen Shopping Days of the Year: The day after Christmas is one of the biggest teen shopping days of the year. In fact, jcpenney stores will set all new merchandise in its teen departments to ensure teens can choose from a broad array of today’s latest looks. With Christmas cash and gift cards in-hand, teens come to jcpenney for must have private brands such as Arizona,, Decree, American Living, Fabulosity and C7P…A Chip and Pepper Production. jcpenney is also the leading retailer for national brands teens know and love such as Levi’s, Nike, Southpole and Le Tigre. Teens can enjoy special offers such as:
o Juniors Entire stock of Juniors denim on sale with Decree, Underground Soul and YMI jeans for $24.99 and Arizona jeans for $19.99; 40 percent off Juniors fashion tees; entire stock of Juniors fall and holiday sweaters for $9.99; and Juniors Skechers shoes for $39.99.
o Young Men’s Young Men’s Southpole, American Living, Unionbay and Avirex jeans for $24.99; Young Men’s Arizona and Lee jeans for $19.99; 60 percent off entire stock of Young Men’s hoodies and long-sleeve tops; and entire stock of Young Men’s novelty tees for $8.99.
• Get out of the Doghouse: Reprimanded for their bad gift giving, husbands and boyfriends banished to jcpenney’s virtual “doghouse” – www.bewareofthedoghouse.com – can redeem themselves with the perfect gift from The Jewelry Store inside jcpenney. Special offers include:
o 50 percent off entire stock of diamond jewelry; diamond 1/3 CT earrings for $149.99 a pair; and diamond ½ CT rings or earrings for $139.99.
o 50 percent off gemstones and cultured pearl jewelry; 40 percent off fine jewelry and watch clearance from already reduced original prices.
o 70 percent off entire stock of gold and fine sterling silver jewelry; and 50 percent off entire stock of moissanite jewelry.
• One of the Biggest Home Sales of the Year: jcpenney’s home department will also be hosting its After Christmas White Sale and Clearance on December 26 and 27, offering incredible savings on items such as:
o 40-60 percent off entire stock of sheets.
o 40-50 percent off entire stock of bed pillows.
o 40 percent off all down and down alternative comforters.
• Kick-off Your New Year’s Resolution: Just in time for that New Year’s resolution, customers can find great prices on fitness merchandise such as:
o Entire stock of Xersion – jcpenney’s new private active wear brand – at 30 to 40 percent off and 60 percent off entire stock of Men’s Simply For Sports athletic apparel.
o Men’s and Women’s athletic shoes from Nike, New Balance, adidas and ASICS for $39.99.
o Entire stock of fitness equipment on sale.
• Get a Jump Start on Next Year’s Christmas: Customers can begin preparing for next Christmas with clearance prices on items such as:
o Christmas trim and décor at 75 percent off.
o Select electronics and novelty gifts at 60 to75 percent off and holiday giftables at 50 percent off.
• Stock-up on Winter Wear Favorites: Stay warm this season with special offers on winter essentials such as:
o 60 percent off Women’s outerwear; entire stock of Women’s boots for $34.99; and Women’s sweaters from Worthington, St. John’s Bay and more for $9.99.
o 60 percent off Men’s sweaters and outerwear as well as St. John’s Bay fleece and vests; and 70 percent off Men’s St. John’s Bay leather outerwear.
o 60 percent off entire stock of cold weather accessories, winter sleepwear and robes; and entire stock of boxed and novelty slippers for $7.99.
• Don’t Forget Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards – The Ultimate One-Size-Fits-All Gift: – jcpenney gift cards never expire and are redeemable for any jcpenney purchase. Customers can also find e-gift cards on jcp.com once purchased, an e-gift card usually lands in a customers’ e-mail inbox in a matter of hours and can be forwarded to a recipient to use for online purchases or printed out to use in stores.
jcpenney will also be extending store hours on Saturday, Dec. 27, with stores opening at 8 a.m. and closing at 11 p.m.
For further information contact:
jcpenney Corporate Communications (business and trade media relations):
Rebecca Winter or Kate Parkhouse; 972-431-3400; firstname.lastname@example.org
jcpenney is one of America's leading retailers, operating 1,093 department stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com, and the nation's largest general merchandise catalog business. Through these integrated channels, jcpenney offers a wide array of national, private and exclusive brands which reflect the Company's commitment to providing customers with style and quality at a smart price. Traded as "JCP" on the New York Stock Exchange, the Company posted revenue of $19.9 billion in 2007 and is executing its strategic plan to be the growth leader in the retail industry. Key to this strategy is jcpenney's "Every Day Matters" brand positioning, intended to generate deeper, more emotionally driven relationships with customers by fully engaging the Company's 155,000 associates to offer encouragement, provide ideas and inspire customers every time they shop with jcpenney. For more information visit www.jcpenney.net.